A few of you requested details from last night’s practice run so here you go folks.
The results are in:
- Time at bar: 8:49 until 11:32 so total time was just under three hours
- Number of times hit on: eight
- Number of drinks bought for me: four
- Number of men who asked for my number: three
- Number of men to actually got my number: zero
- Number of men who got to take me home: zero
So that’s the evening by the numbers. I feel like I brushed up on my game so, unless we’re dealing with a completely different type of man in Hy’s neck of the woods, we should be in for a good time. Now for some details.
I have a new method to not giving out my number that I tried last night and it worked like a charm. When the topic of exchanging digits was broached I simply said, “Oh, thank you for asking, but I don’t give out my number. To anyone. But if I did, I’d share it with you. We’ll just have to run into each other again. I get out every now and then.” I closed with a big smile and everyone was happy.